Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time for a change?

When we began this adoption journey we felt led to the country of Moldova. We  moved ahead w/ the hopes of bringing home a little girl. As the months went by, we would cycle through feelings of hope & despair. But, we still felt that we were to wait for things to move in Moldova.

When the 2 year point hit, our hopes fell again. It seemed to look like another summer would come & go, another Christmas would be spent with her not here. Although Corbin & I both shared these feelings, no words about them were spoken. We went on w/ life, as we have done in the past. We made plans for this & that. We began to feel as if this adoption journey might never be completed.

Then one morning Corbin woke up & said "I think we need to look at other options." It was the dreaded comment that I knew in my heart was coming. We made plans to talk w/ our program coordinator after the weekend. In the meantime, we prayed. What were we supposed to do? I felt a deep sadness & mourned what I thought would be the end of a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment