Friday, November 9, 2012

My longest birthday ever!

The train pulls into Moscow at 4:45am. Our driver picks us up. It is early, but there is no traffic. He congratulates us on our adoption. He tells us that making our flight will be tight. We will have to run to the airport. Our flight leaves at 6:50am.

It's 5:50am. I can see the airport! He pulls up to the curb, grabs my bag & shouts "run!" Oh, he was serious! I throw my bright pink carry-on over my shoulder & run! Corbin is in front of me with his bag & carry- on. We get through the security line & then we run again. We get to the counter to check-in. Our driver hands me my bag, points to where we go next & says "I will see you next time!" As soon as the words "thank you" come from my mouth, he is already halfway through the crowd. OK, I hope his car doesn't get towed... We get our tickets, wait through customs & arrive at our gate just as they begin boarding. As we sit down in our seats I remember, it's my birthday! It'll be my longest birthday ever. I will start the day here in Moscow, then celebrate in London during our lay-over & finally at home in Denver. What a day!



1 comment:

  1. wow!! I have read all the posts from the beginning of your adoption process up until your last post! Amazing!!! This is such a great journal of your loving process! Big Congrats!

    ReplyDelete