Saturday, August 18, 2012

In case I missed it, patience repeated

We are here! The plane has landed! Moscow, we are ready for you. Her reply is Americans, ready or not, here I come! As we disembark the aircraft, we follow the stream of passengers. Normally, this works out fine. But, when most of the passengers are coming home to Russia, this doesn't work so well. I suppose it's more helpful to actually look at the signs. 

OK, back on track. We find the right line of foreigners, check. We pass through customs, check. We find our baggage area, check. We look for our bag. We look for our bag. We check our baggage number, correct. No bag? Correct! We find two friendly employees, neither speak English. They find us another lady who does. She tracks our bag & finds out it didn't make it on the plane to London at Dallas. Serious delay. It caught another flight, but won't get to the airport in Moscow for 24 hours. Patience, remember? Go with the flow, I said before we left.

I will save you the details. With our travel itinerary moving along at a fast pace, we will always be a day ahead of wherever they can send the bag. Bottom line- we won't see our bag until the night before we leave Moscow. I suck it up. We take inventory. Everything we absolutely need is in our carry on. Really? Is that possible? Double check. Yes! We have everything necessary. Wow, God is good!

Moving along now. We find our driver, decide to go shopping tomorrow & order room service upon arrival at the hotel. Why is it that I am constantly getting tested on this patience thing? I've got this down...kind of. I believe that I passed...after an extremely short freak out moment, which 8'm sure no one even noticed :) Well, either way, the day is done. My burger with fries has arrived & I have my bottled water. I got it right this time! Apparently, all I needed was a little patience practice & to hold the panic.

1 comment:

  1. I shouldn't laugh, but this does have the makings of a true comedy.

    ReplyDelete