Monday, August 13, 2012

Is it true? Yes it is!

First, let me apologize for the last several posts all going up today & being backdated. We have been very cautiously moving forward for the last 6 weeks. We have wanted to share our exciting news but, after waiting so long were apprehensive. Here we go...

We leave in 4 days for Russia! The last week has been filled w/ conference calls, appointments, travel arrangements & asking favors. We are excited...but things can still go wrong. We are going to meet the children & officially accept the referral. At that point, things will be fairly certain. Our second trip will be our day at court. Will they think we are just plain crazy for wanting 5 kids? (have 3, now adding 2 more) Maybe. We have high hopes that they will approve us :)  Our third trip will be to bring the kids home. We estimate that this may be in November.So there you have it. Is it true? Is this really going to happen? Well, it looks that way!

Several months ago, I had a strange dream. We had finished our adoption & were finally home. I was a proud momma introducing our new child to friends that had prayed for him. One turned & said "I thought you asked for a little girl from Moldova?" Confused, I turned to see that the child I had brought home was a little Asian boy. Later, I shared my dream w/ friends (the friends in my dream) & we laughed. I joked that you just never know until you actually bring them home. I suppose that was more truth than I realized at the moment. I love to have things planned out nicely. It's just not the way our adoption journey has gone so far. We are still waiting upon God & He hasn't let us down yet. For when I think that I may have just asked for too much, He blesses me with more than I imagined.

1 comment:

  1. So amazing and exciting! Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete